Monday, February 7, 2011

Job Description

Wikipedia's description of a hairdressers is:    A hairdresser or hairstylist is a universal term referring to someone whose occupation is to cut or style hair in order to change or maintain a person's image.
What they forgot to include is that we are also that persons personal life coach, therapist, friend, or confidante for their appointment. When a client sits down at your chair you become an instant friend... well in most cases. Within the first few minutes a hairdresser can make a person trust them even if they have never met before. After the client has your trust some feel like they can relax and vent about their life without being judged. I love listening to people and their stories. I've had some amazing people come into my salon and they surprisingly have taught me a lot about life. This blog is to share some stories that are too good to keep to myself. Of course the names and such will be changed because,  well for obvious reasons. So all of the girls will be Betty and all of the guys will be Bill and the town I work in will be Tiny Town.

No comments:

Post a Comment