Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Real Hippies Story

So this story is from a couple weeks ago, but its one that I don't think I will ever forget. A new client came in she was in her early 60's, real sweetheart. We started sharing stories and she started telling me about how when she was young and living in the LA area long straight hair was the thing to have. She use to roll her whole head in orange juice cans and sit under the dryer for HOURS at night and the next morning she would iron her hair... with and iron that you use on clothes. I was laughing and joking that she should have just let her hair stay wavy like a hippie... then she told me she was one. She said she was the typical hippie, long wavy hair with feathers and beads she would place in the front. Her friend even photographed her for a magazine back in the day. So I stared asking her about her hippie days, in one story she even told me she tried to hitch hike to Woodstock , got half way across the country then ran out of money and had to turn around. Her stories of her early 20's were amazing! Betty even lived in Mexico for a while... she said not to do that now but back then it was a wild adventure. She quite her job after she got paid and her and her best friend backpacked all over Mexico. She even met her true love there, who ended up being her bosses son. They had a fabulous marriage! Betty now days isn't like her old hippie self, actually if you saw her you would never guess those were her stories, but Betty is now one of my favorite clients. I have a feeling I will hear a lot more stories from her past.

No comments:

Post a Comment