Thursday, February 10, 2011

Where did you say you are from?

Strange as it may be I've had quite a few clients come in that are from over seas, mainly here to attend the university. I've had 3 from France, one from Holland, and one from England. The 2 newest Foreigners came in the other day, I'll tell you the story.
Yesterday 2 guys came into the salon, one had a hair cut booked with me. He had a very thick accent, and you could tell he was still trying to learn English. Come to find out he was from Saudi Arabia...his answer threw me way off guard!  First question I ask after that.." Why did you come all the way over to America and choose this small, kinda boring at times, town to stay in?" His answer way school, although it took about five minutes for me to figure out what he was saying. Anyways is was quite fun talking to him, or the parts of the conversation I understood were good. He even is going to come back in again! Best part of the story, that was the longest conversation I've had with a male client and he barley spoke English.

No comments:

Post a Comment